In 2020, GC has implemented a waste management projects, covering from the efficient use of resources, production, to waste management as follows
Efficient Use of Resources within GC Group
- Remove Styrene Monomer from the GPPS Plant system, in order to reduce impurities, and introduce it into the HIPS Plant. The Recovery Volatile (RV) materials can be reused as raw material in the production process. This means that approximately 100 tons of the raw material is being reused every year.
- Increase Tail Gas value as raw material for Crackling Heaters and Oleflex Heaters at the Olefins Plant, which can reduce a flare loss of up to 636,000 Nm3, equaling to 27.79 Million THB.
- Reusing off gas from Aromatics Plants, i.e. ethane, propane and butane, as substrate for olefins plants instead of flaring.
- GC’s Refinery Plant uses heavy residue from Phenol Plants as raw materials for fuel oil Production.
Resource utility maximization creates a total value added of over
million THB per year.
Reusing Waste as Alternative Raw Material in other Factories
- GC has continuously implemented the Zero Waste to Landfill Projects in order to maximize the concept of reducing waste generated at source
- Promoting and encouraging employees to separate waste in office, e.g. separating plastic, glass, and paper waste for recycling and separating food waste to be used as animal feed by the surrounding community, etc.
GC has continuously optimized our Green Turnaround project to achieve maximum effectiveness by establishing measures for optimizing resource and energy efficiency, and minimizing hazardous and non-hazardous waste generation from turnaround activities (from facilities and offices). This could also reduce the burden on waste disposal. In 2020, GC initiates the treatment process for wastewater from machinery and equipment cleaning during the turnaround of Olefins 2.
The project overall can decrease wastewater incineration by
Totally save a
million-baht in waste disposal expenses.