In 2021, GC has implemented a waste management projects, covering from the efficient use of resources, production, to waste management as follows
Efficient Use of Resources within GC Group
- To utilize Fine polymer as recycle raw materials in manufacturing. This results in reduce consumption of Styrene monomer as a raw material in manufacturing process, and increase yield for more than 96%.
- Increase Tail Gas value as raw material for Crackling Heaters and Oleflex Heaters at the Olefins Plant, which can reduce a flare loss of up to 648,000 Nm3
- Reusing off gas from Aromatics Plants, i.e. ethane, propane and butane, as substrate for olefins plants instead of flaring more than 157,000 ton/year.
Reusing Waste as Alternative Raw Material in other Factories
- GC has continuously implemented the Zero Waste to Landfill Projects in order to maximize the concept of reducing waste generated at source
- Promoting and encouraging employees to separate waste in office, e.g. separating plastic, glass, and paper waste for recycling and separating food waste to be used as animal feed by the surrounding community, etc.
GC has continuously optimized our Green Turnaround project to achieve maximum effectiveness by establishing measures for optimizing resource and energy efficiency, and minimizing hazardous and non-hazardous waste generation from turnaround activities (from facilities and offices). For example, change from conventional waste utensil to be renewable utensil, and adjust management framework of highly contaminated wastewater that generated in turnaround activity to be treated in wastewater treatment system. This could also reduce the burden on waste disposal. In 2021, GC has conducted Green Turnaround at PTT PHENOL COMPANY LIMITED (PPCL).
Reduction of Waste
Reduction of Costs
Reduction of GHG Emissions
tons CO2 equivalent