#WearYourOwnWaste Upcycling is an innovative way to make clothes from plastic waste
Through the “Upcycling the Oceans, Thailand” project, a partnership between the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), PTT Global Chemical Plc. (GC), and the Ecoalf Foundation from Spain, GC is transforming almost 20 tons of discarded plastic waste through the upcycling process, applying creativity and innovation to produce the “Thailand Collection,” the country’s first-ever line of fashionable clothing and bags made from plastic waste collected during the project.
Help pass on the message: Making a t-shirt from 14 upcycled PET bottles is an effective way to help protect Thai seas and beaches.
- 1st Stage Collect and sort plastic waste collected from Koh Samet, Rayong.
- 2nd Stage Cut the collected bottles into pieces and spin them into filaments.
- 3rd Stage Spin the filaments to make yarn.
- 4th Stage Weave the yarn into fabric.
- 5th Stage Use the fabric to make fashionable clothing and bags.
Tag: WearYourOwnWaste ไลฟ์สไตล์เปลี่ยนโลก ไลฟ์สไตล์ ขยะพลาสติก รีไซเคิล อัพไซคลิ่ง อัพไซเคิล UpcyclingtheOceansThailand สิ่งแวดล้อม GC CircularLiving CircularEconomy เศรษฐกิจหมุนเวียน