PTT Global Chemical Public Company Limited (GC) is a Public Company Limited, which is the listed company in Stock Exchange of Thailand or SET. While promoting good corporate governance principles, GC strictly conducts the business in accordance with laws, rules, notifications and regulations issued by SET and the Securities and Exchange Commission of Thailand (SEC). Under the said rules and regulations, GC has already disclosed shareholding structure as shown in the below table.
The top 10 major shareholders of GC
(as of September 5th, 2022)
|Top 10 Shareholders||# of Shares||%Holding|
|1. PTT Public Company Limited||2,037,220,915||45.18%|
|2. Thai NVDR Company Limited||392,116,551||8.7%|
|3. Siam Management Holding Company Limited||135,240,000||3.00%|
|4. SOUTH EAST ASIA UK (TYPE C) NOMINEES LIMITED||91,646,727||2.03%|
|5. HMC Polymers Company Limited||83,427,636||1.85%|
|6. STATE STREET EUROPE LIMITED||58,857,969||1.31%|
|7. THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON||58,039,682||1.29%|
|8. NORTRUST NOMINEES LIMITED-NT0 SEC LENDING THAILAND CL AC||57,204,882||1.27%|
|9. Social Security Office||49,763,151||1.10%|
|10. STATE STREET BANK AND TRUST COMPANY||48,405,033||1.07%|
- PTT Public Company Limited (PTT) holds 45.18% of GC total shares, and Social Security Office holds 1.10% of GC total shares.
- As Ministry of Finance is a major shareholder of PTT holding 51.11% of PTT total shares, PTT is classified as government institution under OECD definition. Therefore, GC has 46.28% of governmental ownership.
- GC holds 41.44 percent of HMC Polymers Company Limited.
GC has recognized the significant of the right of shareholders principles, which can be found in page 3 of Corporate Governance & Business Code of Conduct Handbook Corporate Governance and Business Code of Conduct Handbook (Page 31). GC sshall not engage in any action which will violate or diminish the rights of the shareholders. To this end, GC has established corporate governance policy and disclosed to the public through the various channels of the Company. GC also supports and encourages the exercising of shareholders' rights for the best interests of shareholders as follows:
- GC provides shareholders with clear, up-to-date information of importance and pertinence to its business operations. To this end, it also discloses information deemed necessary, albeit not legally required, on its website and via the portal of the Stock Exchange of Thailand (https://www.set.or.th/set/companynews.do?symbol=PTTGC&ssoPageId=8&language=en&country=US).
- 2. The annual general meeting of shareholders must be held annually. In 2022, GC held the 2022 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM) at 09.00 hours on April 4th, 2022, through E-AGM according to EMERGENCY DECREE ON ELECTRONIC MEETINGS B.E. 2563. GC shall ensure convenience for attending shareholders prior to the meeting, on the day of meeting and after the meeting accordingly. This includes the rights of shareholder to submit inquiries in advance of the annual general meeting of shareholders. GC shall ensure that all shareholders are granted the basic voting rights in all agenda items and are given the equal rights to submit inquiries and express their opinions. All expressed questions and opinions during the meeting shall be fully recorded in the minutes of the annual general meeting shareholders.
- 3. GC provides an opportunity for single or a group of shareholders holding at least of 0.1 of all shares with eligible voting rights to propose agenda items and nominate qualified candidates to be elected as Directors with clear criteria and steps specified prior to the annual general meeting of shareholders. In 2020, GC allowed shareholders to propose agenda items and nominate qualified candidates to be elected as Directors for the Annual General Meeting of Shareholder for the year 2022 from September 16th to December 31st, 2021. (https://www.pttgcgroup.com/storage/document/shareholder-meetings/agm2021/20200909-pttgc-agm-2021-agenda-criteria-en.pdf)