GC set-up two committees to drive the company’s sustainability.
Sustainability Steering Committee (SSC)
with a policy level focus. The SSC members are
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) as chairman of the committee
- President (PSD)
- Chief Operating Officer of the Center of Excellence (COE)
- Senior Executive Vice President of the Upstream Petrochemical Business (SEVP-U)
- Senior Executive Vice President of the Downstream Petrochemical Business (SEVP-D)
- Other high level executives of the Management Committee
Sustainability Development Committee (SDC)
with an operating level focus. The SDC members are
- High level Sustainability and Corporate Branding Executive Officer as chairman of the committee
- High level executive officers of all relevant functions are members
Role of the SSC
- Considering GC's position as a global leader and role model organization of sustainability.
- Drive sustainability in organization in line with guidelines of international standard such as the DJSI, the UN Global Compact and the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- Support the work of GC Group's Sustainable Development Committee
- Facilitating organization-wide implementation of our sustainable development strategy, climate strategy and circular economy in consistent manner
Role of the SDC
- Establish strategies, frameworks, guidelines and subjects that promote our organization's sustainable development according to GC's strategy and goal of becoming a role model business of sustainable development and assure that alignment of PTT Group guideline
- Monitoring movement of global sustainability and implement in GC up-to-date.
- Develop a sustainability mechanism based on guidelines of international standard, including DJSI, UN Global Compact and CDP
- Provides consultation and suitable resources, including human resources to effectuate organization-wide implementation of our sustainable development strategy in a consistent manner
- Collaboration with the external organization and bring benefit back to GC.