- Community satisfaction rate in 2020 at least 86.14 percent
- Integrate circular economy to waste management principles in four local communities within 2021
- Conduct more than three Social Enterprise (SE) and Creating Shared Value (CSV) projects within 2022
- Achieve CSR strategy goals from 2023 onwards, focusing 70% of the efforts on social development in creating business value and 30% on donation to society
- Aim towards becoming the Partner of Choice within 2025
Challenges and Strategic Response
In parallel with our business operation, GC supports and contributes to the improvement of local communities in order to create balance in conducting business, respond to the expectations of stakeholders as well as protect and reduce environmental and social impacts. GC commits to create shared business value with local communities and the society. We also focus on building relationship and engagement with all sectors. GC strives to create shared business value with local communities and the society. We also focus on building relationship and engagement with all sectors. In order to achieve these goals, GC applies our innovation and expertise to CSR projects and activities, which align with the circular economy concept. Such projects improve the quality of life and economy for the people in the community surrounding our operating sites in tandem with resolving environmental issues concerning water shortage and plastic waste management. These activities truly respond to the current needs of the communities, allowing them to develop alongside the company in a sustainable manner.
GC has developed the Corporate Sustainability Strategy based on one of Corporate Strategy “Balance Business with Sustainability” and the UN SDGs. Our Corporate Sustainability Strategy has focused on Creating Shared Values (CSV) and Social Enterprise (SE), which are emphasized to solve the social problems, to increase resource efficiency through Circular Economy (CE) and sustainable environment management. These efforts of creating balance growth of community and society along with the growth of the organization also aligns with the stakeholders’ expectations.
GC continuous develops CSR programs and activities by following the Corporate Sustainability Strategy and G-BEST criteria, according to three priorities, which are Better Living, Sharing, and Ecology.
- Good Governance
- Better Economic Status
- Better Social Well-Being, Incl. Health
- Sustainavble Impacts
- Align/Support to Business Strategy (Product and Process)
- Issue Management/Risk Prevention & Mitigation
- CSR (with Shared Return to PTTGC)
- Share Expertise
- Address Stakeholder Expectation
- Stakeholder Involvement