GC Group stands together with the Thai people
The world was severely hit by the COVID-19 pandemic, which affect the overall economic and industrial sectors as well as GC’s business operations, both directly and indirectly.
In handling the crisis, GC has developed management guidelines and measures to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19 that is in line with the management framework of Thailand’s Ministry of Health, the World Health Organization (WHO), and best practices based on actual case studies for its employees and operating sites. GC places importance on caring employee and supplier health as well as implementing digital technology to enable efficient and continuous operations and become an organization with zero COVID-19 case. GC has supported the society and the country through its innovations and products in order to bring about good public health.
COVID-19 Outbreak Management Principles
Recognizing the COVID-19 outbreak
Targeting “Zero COVID-19 Case in GC”
Strengthening the 4 Core Behaviors
Having a strong IT and knowledge management system
Prevention and Control Measures for Employees and Suppliers
GC places importance on employee health and safety particularly during the COVID-19 outbreak. Accordingly, GC has established a taskforce under the supervision of the “COVID-19 Prevention and Control Committee”
to closely monitor and analyze the COVID-19 situation since January 2020. Furthermore, GC has deployed policies and provided resources as well as financial support to develop prevention and control measures to reduce employee risk of infection in its operating sites, while facilitating the work of employees, contractors, and visitors within GC’s operating area.
COVID-19 Response Measures
Effectively managing the COVID-19 outbreak
Prepared the implementation of the Business Continuity Management (BCM) plan and established the Emergency Management Center in case of any COVID-19 infection cases of employee found.
Conveying prevention measures and recommended practices for the COVID-19 outbreak
Displayed status charts to convey measures and practices for each tier of COVID-19 risk groups as well as communicated to employees on high-risk countries and areas.
Establishing personal COVID-19 control and preventive measures
Promoted good personal hygiene, physical distancing and mask-wearing.
Establishing COVID-19 control and preventive measures in operating areas
- Conducted screening procedures and surveillance of risk groups by screening body temperature and checking exposure history of employees and relatives.
- Sanitizing common areas and physical contact points, such as offices, lifts, and canteens.
- Encouraged physical distancing and refrained from engaging in crowded activities, and travelling.
- Established “Work From Home” measures and flexible working hours.
- Prepared adequate medical personnel in respond to such incident.
- Procured adequate face masks, alcohol gels, and thermometers.
- Provided COVID-19 insurance for its executives and employee risk groups, i.e. housekeepers, drivers, and clerks, etc.
Preventing risks in production operations sites (Lock up)
- Limited the number of critical employees into the production control building.
- Provided accommodation and transportation for employees that continues to attend work.
- Took care and provided accommodations for critical employees’ families who are vital to production control during the lock up period, in order to relieve the employee’s stress and anxiety.
Implementing digital technology for disease prevention and control
- Developed COVID-19 application to track address and travelling records, and consolidated employee and contractor’s daily self-reporting since March 2020.
- Reported the evaluated data to the management executives in order to formulate active and passive measures.
- Strengthened IT systems to ensure stable efficient work flows.
Establishing COVID-19 prevention measures for construction projects
- Improved operating sites and prepared COVID-19 protective equipment, such as providing shuttle transports for contractors, arranging meal breaks in shifts to avoid crowding conditions, and providing standardized accommodation, etc.
- Required a 14-day quarantine and body-temperature checks for foreign workers.
COVID-19 Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity Plan
GC has conducted trainings of its business continuity plan in order to prepare for any emergency situations. By simulating that an employee has been infected with COVID-19, the company held a meeting to convey information and detailed response plans starting from its first detection or report of infections to the lifting of the emergency state. The procedures are as follow:
Provide UV-C sterilization units that is suitable for work and operating areas.
Prepare adequate personal protective equipment and disinfectants for emergency.
Test sterilization operations by collecting samples post-sterilization to analyze the sterilization efficiency.
In addition, GC has expressed its intentions and concerns to the society in times of the COVID-19 crisis by collaborating with its partners in the government and private sectors, entrepreneurs, universities and hospitals in implementing its chemical and plastic innovations to elevate Thai people’s quality of life, overcome the COVID-19 pandemic in Thailand. Moreover, GC has made visits to hospitals to discuss with medical professionals and those who impacted. By truly understanding of the problem and current needs, GC has conducted research and developed new innovations.Our effort and dedication were shown by collaborative projects, activities and support and donations.